Using a VPN for a secure way to access local area network that is in range, using the Internet or other public network to transmit the Private data packet. You can create your own VPN or subscribe via VPN provider, you can choose one of the main that efficient do you think, when you will connect to a VPN, you probably will need a VPN client that can allow you to start the connection and connect to a VPN. Many are available vpn client for mac that you can use, but actually Apple.inc has provided a feature that allows you to create a VPN connections and start connect to a VPN with easy,
vpn client for Mac - Cisco VPN client for mac
On Mac OS X Leopard 10.5 VPN client to work with IPSec, L2TP and PPTP VPNx, and on the Mac OS X SnowLeopard 10.6 or later has support for Cisco VPN, so you do not need to use any third party Cisco VPN client for mac due to Mac OS X has been provide it. The following easy steps to create VPN connections with built-in vpn client for Mac.
- Open system preference
- On the Internet and wireless section, click Network
- Click the + icon at the bottom of the Network window
- Select VPN as Interface by clicking the small arrow
- Define VPN Type to be used, L2TP over IPSec, PPTP or Cisco IPSec
- Specify the name service, according to your wish.
- Click Create
- Configure VPN which you have made
- Enter the server address, account name and password assigned by the VPN Provider where you subscribe
- Click Connect (to directly connect to the VPN)
- Click Apply and exit the system preference.
Only with the simple steps you can directly connect to the Virtual private network, without having to use a third party VPN client for Mac. You can repeat the easy steps above to create a different VPN connections / VPN account.